Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, Attorneys is participating as knowledge partner in a webinar being organized by TechEx.in and IPFACE at Venture Center.
This webinar intends to highlight,
- overview of the regulatory regime under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002 (“BDA”) and the Rules framed there under.
- important provisions and approval requirements under the statute.
- the scope and ambit of BDA.
- approval process for bioresearches used in patent applications. (This is a confluence of Patent law and Biodiversity Act and stakeholders need to navigate this to get approval before the grant of the patent.)
- exemption for food crops under ITPGR&FA.
- roles and responsibilities of the National Biodiversity Authority and the State Biodiversity Authorities as provided under BDA.
- Access and Benefit Sharing aspect as encompassed by BDA and the Guidelines issued in respect of the same.
Malathi Lakshmikumaran, Executive Director, L&S