International Fiscal Association (IFA) will be organising its 68th Annual Congress from 12th to 17th October, 2014 in Mumbai, India. Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan is privileged to be associated with this premier global conference as Gold Sponsor.
This conference mainly focuses on topics like ‘Cross-border outsourcing – Issues along with strategies and solutions’ and ‘Qualification of taxable entities and treaty protection’. On the former, the stress will be on discussion relating to how various jurisdictions are dealing with the concept of outsourcing from a tax perspective and highlight the key challenges faced by MNEs. On the latter, after considering key domestic law differences, the Panel will discuss issues that arise under treaties when states disagree on classification or when classification is unclear, including both unrelieved double taxation and the double non-taxation resulting from the "hybrid mismatches" now under the BEPS microscope.
The IFA Mumbai Congress will witness several parallel discussions on a whole range of topics including:
- VAT implications of outsourcing and cost-sharing arrangement
- Indirect transfer of assets
- Taxable residence of companies
- IFA/OECD: Update on BEPS Work: Preventing Treaty Abuse
- UN and OECD differences in Model, TP etc
- Recent Developments in International Taxation
- The Impact of EU Law on BEPS Initiative
More information is available in the website of IFA - http://www.ifa2014mumbai.com/ws/index.php/business-program/main-topics