The Institute of Business Laws, with Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan as Knowledge Partner, is organizing the seminar series ‘Service Tax – Negative List & Other Recent Changes’ to guide service providers, manufacturers, exporters, importers and others from trade and commerce.
The seminar is being organised in the following places:
- Bangalore - 14th June, 2012
- Chennai - 15th June, 2012
- Ahmedabad - 20th June, 2012
- Hyderabad - 22nd June, 2012
- Mumbai - 6th July, 2012
- Pune - 13th July, 2012
In New Delhi, a one day 'Conference on New Service Tax Regime - Devising Compliance Strategies' is being organised by Institute of Business Laws on 25th July, 2012. Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan is the Knowledge Partner for this conference.
Finance Act, 2012 is set to bring a paradigm shift in the basis for levying Service Tax. From selective basis to levy Service Tax, as at present, the levy will be imposed on all services except those specified in the negative list. Some of the significant changes are:
- Declared services
- Bundled services
- Taxable territory
- Place of Provision of Services Rules
- Changes in Service Tax Rules to cover export of services
- Changes in Valuation Rules
- Reverse charge mechanism under new scheme / notification
- Exemptions and abatements under new notifications
To help stake holders to prepare in advance for smooth transition to the new regime, in these seminars & conference experts will explain and discuss the significant changes made this year and guide the participants in devising transit strategies to comply with the new law and procedures in Service Tax.